Happy New Year from Alliance!
We met a lot of you in 2017, and we’re so eager to continue to nourish those relationships in 2018. Whatever your resolutions are for 2018, it’s important to make time for self-care so that you can feel great while working to accomplish your goals. The holiday season can take a toll both physically and mentally. All of us at Alliance are here to support you while you get back into the swing of things after the holidays or start a new lifestyle change in 2018. But, most importantly, we want to help you take the best care of yourself this winter.
The following is a list of simple activities you can do on your own. Creating lofty goals for yourself is awesome, but jamming too many activities and goals into your day might be overwhelming. And we’re supposed to be relaxing, remember? So, without further ado, here are our top tips for winter self-care:
- Drink a LOT of water. Just how much? Your body weight multiplied by 0.67 is a lot more accurate than the standard “eight glasses a day.”
- Bundle up and get outside.There are an abundance of hikes within an hour drive of the city that you can still access in the
winter. If driving into the mountains is not possible, a walk around a local park is a great alternative.
- Stretch daily. You don’t have to spend an hour a day in yoga class, but try to carve out 10 minutes of your day for gentle, mindful stretching.
- Wake up slowly. Give yourself plenty of time between your first alarm and heading out the door. You can use this time to stretch, make a healthy breakfast, and mentally prepare yourself for the day ahead.
You can also treat yourself to some self-care here at the Alliance office with one or several of our services. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Come enjoy a 90-minute European facial by our master Esthetician, Jeannine Black. Not only will your skin look fabulous, but you’ll also feel deeply relaxed by the facial, arm and neck massages you’ll receive.
- Try a 60-minute massage by Arlene or Jen, a great supplement to your chiropractic care.
- If you struggle with fatigue, consider coming in for a B12 injection from Dr. Storm.
- Whatever service you utilize, stick with your care plan. You and your provider are a team, and it takes effort from both members to achieve the best outcome. We want you to be the best and healthiest version of yourself in 2018!