Repetitive poor postures while we are working long hours doing desk work and looking down at our phones so often can compromise the structure of our neck curve.
Consequences of a straightened neck curve that should be a nice gentle arch include:
- Increased arthritic change of the joint
- Increased stress and damage to the discs that sit between the bones
- Increased neck instability
- Increased pain
- Increased inflammation
- Decreased blood flow to the brain tissue
- Increased fatigue
- Decreased cognitive function
The good news is that intervention that can help! You can avoid these consequences by receiving regular corrective chiropractic care, modifying your posture, and taking hourly breaks throughout the day to get up and move around. Another helpful technique that we recommend is taking micro breaks every hour for Bruegger’s Posture Break Exercises. Here’s a helpful video that shows you how.